Monday, June 28, 2010

Free Kindle


Yesterday, I just got my Kindle, for free! No, I'm not kidding, this is not a joke. I received an e-mail from Amazon announcing a new free Kindle application for the PC. That's right; Amazon has now offered the free Kindle application that you can download and install on your PC running XP, Vista, or Windows 7. Anyone with an Amazon account can now have the Kindle on their PC to download their books and have their library with them where ever they go.

 

I'm really excited about mine. I right away went to Amazon's Kindle store, searching the catalog for books that I may be interested in. To my surprise, I found hundreds of the great old classics that are totally free. Others that are in the catalog are greatly discounted for the Kindle. I quickly 'purchased' three of the free ones for my Kindle that I had read as a youngster. How nice it is to find these books and read them again. When you go to the Amazon Kindle store I think you'll be surprised at the selection of books you can purchase for your Kindle.
The Kindle for PC doesn't have all the features of the actual Kindle reader; but who cares? You won't be able to download magazines or newspapers, or be able to print out selections. But for reading your books, highlighting text, and bookmarking pages, I think this will serve you well. Although I don't own a Kindle reader, they say if you have one, you can even synchronize you Kindle reader with the PC one.
Now that you know it's there, if you have an Amazon account, get yours. If you don't have an Amazon account, I'd recommend that you open one and get yours too. Amazon is probably my favorite online store where I make many of my purchases. I've never been disappointed.
Now that I've got you to thinking, I have to go to my Kindle and continue reading an old classic that I hadn't read since childhood, 'Treasure Island'. It's still a good read.
-ED

No comments:

Post a Comment